PWYP Zimbabwe - National Coordiantor
Please note the candidate must have Zimbabwean nationality
Publish What You Pay Zimbabwe seeks to recruit a National Coordinator to provide dedicated support for coalition-building, advocacy, fundraising, communications and outreach across Zimbabwe.
The PWYP Zimbabwe Coalition was launched in 2011. Since then the Coalition has held a strategy session, developed governing principles, mobilised membership and engaged in advocacy initiatives on extractive industries transparency and accountability in Zimbabwe. The advocacy activities of the campaign included advocating for transparency of company payments and government revenues, advocating for the adoption of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative and advocacy for transparency along the entire value-chain of extractive industries.
The key responsibilities of the Coordinator include coalition building and outreach, advocacy, communications and networking; and fundraising. Specifically the Coordinator will be expected to;
- Raise the national profile of PWYP Zimbabwe
- Effectively and proactively advocate for improved legislation and policy regulating the extractive sector in Zimbabwe
- Lead the development of a coalition advocacy strategy for PWYP Zimbabwe in line with PWYP’s Vision 20/20
- Lead in developing a sustainable fundraising strategy and in drafting proposals for donors
- Facilitate ongoing learning for coalition members through technical assistance, documentation of best practices, promoting peer-to-peer exchange and/or linking them to new donor and/or partner initiatives
- Ensure adherence to the Coalition governance principles and structure, membership standards and financial reporting mechanisms so as to ensure the integrity of the coalition
- Mobilise membership for the Coalition and support new members with relevant tools and resources
- Facilitate coalition engagement with Government, Media, Parliamentarians and Mining Corporates to advocate for extractive industries transparency standards
- Facilitate regular contributions from coalition members to national media, the PWYP Zimbabwe list-serve, the PWYP international news update, the PWYP website and the Africa list-serve. Write and help facilitate writing blogs and articles for the PWYP web site and Newsletter
- Promote regular exchanges among members by developing a range of communications tools
- Update and maintain database of coalition members and related information
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- An Undergraduate Degree in a related field and at least 5 years of relevant professional experience working within civil society and/or on natural resource governance in Zimbabwe. An advanced degree would be an added advantage
- Proven experience in coalition or network building; and in working with coalitions
- Familiarity with the global extractive industry transparency movement and with the basic structure / operations of the extractive industries
- Experience in fundraising with a proven track record of working with donors
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proven organisational skills and ability to work under pressure
The initial contract will be for 12 months with a probationary period of 2 months. This may be renewed on condition of funding availability
The PWYP Zimbabwe Coordinator will be based at the Zimbabwe Environmental Law Association offices. S/he will report to the PWYP Zimbabwe Steering Committee.
Remuneration, commensurate with experience and qualifications, will be disclosed at short-listing.
Please email a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Include in subject line: “PWYP Zimbabwe Coordinator”.
Deadline for submission is 15 April 2014.